The Institute for Productive Learning in Europe e.V.
The institute consists of the non-profit association IPLE e. V. and its 100% subsidiary, Productive Learning GmbH.
IPLE was founded in 1991 by Ingrid Böhm and Prof. Jens Schneider as an affiliated institute of the Alice Salomon University of Applied Sciences Berlin and has since been active in the field of school development, teacher training and adult education. The IPLE is a non-profit association with the statutory purpose of promoting education.
For more than 30 years, IPLE has been developing concepts for in- and out-of-school education that aim at individualising learning processes, developing essential social skills, and linking practical experience with school-based education. Productive learning is a special educational offer.
In cooperation with the Ministries of Education and Cultural Affairs, IPLE has prepared, implemented and evaluated ESF-funded or state-funded school and model experiments on Productive Learning in more than 100 schools in Berlin, Brandenburg, Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt and Schleswig-Holstein.
In all projects, participants are involved in the development process through systematic regional and supra-regional networking. A continuous exchange of experiences between the stakeholders and a process-accompanying evaluation promote the further development of the pedagogical work.
The International Network of Productive Learning Projects and Schools (INEPS), which was founded by IPLE in 1991, also facilitates a Europe-wide professional exchange.
Specifically, the institute addresses:
- the scientific monitoring of multi-year development projects on Productive Learning as well as the quality assurance of Productive Learning,
- school innovation in general, in particular through the further refinement of concepts for the individualization of learning processes, for pre-vocational and practice-based learning and for the interlinking of experiential and school-based education,
- supporting schools and pedagogical staff through further training and supervision, consulting and process support as well as through the preparation and implementation of internal school events such as study days,
- the administering of project and program evaluations
The board of IPLE e.V. consists of Prof. Dr. Bettina Völter, Prof. Dr. Francesco Cuomo and Heike Borkenhagen (institute management).
Productive Learning GmbH
Productive Learning GmbH is a non-profit 100% subsidiary of the Institute for Productive Learning in Europe e. V. (IPLE). Since its foundation, the company has been active in the field of Europe-wide education promotion, adult education, teacher training and quality assurance.
Specifically these activities include:
- the initiation of international projects of Productive Learning, including process support through consulting, qualification and project evaluation,
- international seminars for teachers and other school personnel working in Europe,
- international networking and exchange,
- further education and training of teachers of productive learning in the context of quality assurance.
The GmbH was founded in 2003. The managing directors are Heike Borkenhagen and Holger Mirow.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please do not hesitate to contact us.